Over the years we have selected various agencies to do our community service projects in the community where our conference is being held. This year we have selected two agencies in the Oshkosh area.
For every 5 items you bring to the conference - see the list below - you will be entered in a drawing for a $25 Target gift card!
Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.
The agency launched in 1984 and has been serving individuals and families in Winnebago and Green counties who are struggling with effects of domestic violence. The agency also educates the community on the dynamics of abuse and how it can help in the fight against domestic violence. It is the only agency providing comprehensive domestic violence programs and services to communities in both counties.
Their mission statement is: Empower individuals and families through education, safety and support, and lead our community to reduce the incidents and effects of domestic abuse and dating violence.
Their vision: To end the cycle of domestic abuse and dating violence.
Omro Community Food Pantry
The pantry has been helping people in this community for many years. They have been able to help over 250 families that come each month for food assistance because of the donations of non-perishable food items, as well as monetary donations which are made by area churches, businesses and individuals. The goal of the food pantry is to serve those in need in the Omro school district, they also do not believe in turning anyone away. They believe ‘We are here to help anyone who needs it, whether it is for a month, year, or even longer”.
Wish List Items
- Rubbermaid Totes
- Garbage bags
- Ziploc bags
- Lowe's gift cards (to replace light bulbs, purchase tools for shelter repairs, etc.)
- Gas gift cards ($10 increments)
- Cleaning Supplies
- glass cleaner, dish soap, bathroom cleaner, disinfecting wipes, floor cleaner, all purpose cleaner, etc.)
- Over the counter medications
- Tylenol, Ibuprofen, allergy, sinus, cold, etc.)
- Board books for toddlers
- Pack-n-play sheets
- Baby proofing items
- Children's & adult swim suits - new
- The local YMCA donates 6 month free passes to the shelter for families to use
- Canned soups
- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Peanut butter & jelly
- Boxed meals (Hamburger helper, Pasta Roni, etc.)
- Boxed stuffing
- Vegetable oil
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Hand soap
- Paper towels & toilet paper
- Laundry soap
- Gift cards to Piggly Wiggly & Aldi's